test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CWs new role in PvP

hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PvP Discussion
I figured out what our new role in PvP will be. With the huge damage nerf to storm spell and no buff in other areas and control powers that gets deflected/resisted 90% of the time the only thing left for a CW in PvP will be kiting another class around a node.

So the new builds will be defense/deflect with stamina regen!

Discuss the new role of a CW!
ZengiaH@ejziponken
Post edited by hfgtfsdfs on

Comments

• Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Welcome.

Oh and you still got your shield.
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Welcome.

Oh and you still got your shield.

Well that shield will be needed, will help us kite the node for a longer time.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    i actually kinda like this idea. the tank cw. everyone will flip out.
  • Options
    martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Making up fake stats is easy "90% resist".

Gtfo, you have shield, you have cooldown reductions, you have MASSIVE burst, you have best dodge in the game, you have freezing at wills, you have tools to counter all classes in the game except TR (what other class can say that?).

I've been locked by a CW for 2 rotations, he didn't even need to finish his 2nd rotation I was already dead by then.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Gtfo, you have shield, you have cooldown reductions, you have MASSIVE burst, you have best dodge in the game, you have freezing at wills, you have tools to counter all classes in the game except TR (what other class can say that?).

gwf.........but really tenacity reduces a ton of control and deflect something many classes build completely defeats the purpose of control at all.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    like martin stated, i think its time to remember you still have high damage single target skill without even the aiming need.
    chillstrike, disintegrate icy rays.
    unslotting stormspell for arcane presence + the new cooldown feat and i think the cooldowns will be low enough
  • Options
    martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    gwf.........but really tenacity reduces a ton of control and deflect something many classes build completely defeats the purpose of control at all.

gwf has nothing to offer a CW, what tools he has against repel + 4 dodges? CW dictates that fight

Also, you can get insane control with valindra set in pvp, you repel further, you choke longer, you can have stuff on lockdown as good as perma daze hr.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    gwf has nothing to offer a CW, what tools he has against repel + 4 dodges? CW dictates that fight

Also, you can get insane control with valindra set in pvp, you repel further, you choke longer, you can have stuff on lockdown as good as perma daze hr.
    did you seriously just say that? really? ok let me start off with unstoppable. gwf can go unstoppable and no control powers work on him repel included. and sprint if he times it correctly. we cannot lock people down your creating a mythical cw.the valindra artifact has bad stats so we are wasting stats for a control bonus. its a tough decision. but i can agree the control bonus is nice exept tenacity and deflect make that useless and only last what .1 of a second.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I've been locked by a CW for 2 rotations, he didn't even need to finish his 2nd rotation I was already dead by then.

How comes ppl still claim, that CW has best dodges, when TR and DC got 4 in a row and CW has 3.

Why are ppl so happy, that a class, that was neither top dps in PvE nor top dog in PvP gets nerfed? They should begin with buffing the weakest classes, fixing OP/ broken gear, take another look and then tone down the builds that are OP.

Is the reasoning, 'I dont want to play the weakest class, so nerf someone plz'?
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    did you seriously just say that? really? ok let me start off with unstoppable. gwf can go unstoppable and no control powers work on him repel included. and sprint if he times it correctly. we cannot lock people down your creating a mythical cw.the valindra artifact has bad stats so we are wasting stats for a control bonus. its a tough decision. but i can agree the control bonus is nice exept tenacity and deflect make that useless and only last what .1 of a second.
    GWF goes unstoppable, CW kites him away and dodges, once unstoppable has ended > choke > repel > icy rays > at will spamm > stamina regeneration > repeat. A>B>C, I am not a CW but I've seen CWs fighting GWFs like that.

The ammount of mendacious "CW is weak Q.Q" propaganda this thread has gathered make me want to burn someone.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Yea, except that CW control powers ignore 66% of tenacity. :o

So in short, CWs are STILL tanky as tanks themselves due to their tabbed shield, their burst is still great (disintegrate, anyone??), they have dodge that makes many jealous and they have awesome control that ignores a lot of tenacity.

And you *****es are still crying over something that was long due for a fix? You're worse than paladins that cried that they can no longer 1 shot everyone.
  • Options
    piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    I figured out what our new role in PvP will be. With the huge damage nerf to storm spell and no buff in other areas and control powers that gets deflected/resisted 90% of the time the only thing left for a CW in PvP will be kiting another class around a node.

So the new builds will be defense/deflect with stamina regen!

Discuss the new role of a CW!
    with CW handicap being strip off
    welcome to other class world you need to kitting other player no more 1 rotate kill
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    Sorry, what????

What's unclear smallbrain?
  • Options
    matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited June 2015

First of all PVP should have been a mini game with minor importance.I strongly oppose to PVP in NW and wish it dead as soon as possible in order for the game to survive and thrive.

But anyway back on topic. Please stop these ridiculus posts about Valindra's set. I m gonna have a heartattack from laughing. Its a friggin 15% bonus, its not 150% as it ought to be so please stop this "get the Val set and dominate the world" madness. Do you know what 15% means with so much control resistance? Less than 0.1 second boost. If we were robots it may had reason but we are not robots, we dont decide and click in milliseconds. But the whole pvp minigame discussion shouldnt even begin in the first place while the stupidly overpowered TRs and OPs remain with no changes.
    CW role in PVP could/should have been a crucial support class which CONTROLS the battlefield, controls the enemy players so your teammates get a chance to hit them hard. In any case i hope PVP will eventually die cause it destroys the game from the very beginning.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    It's not about how many dodges you've got but the immunity time you have between them. Mind you, your class could easily shift 3 times in a row without getting any hit while TRs still have quite long vulnerability frames after that and people with good ping use that.
    The only complaints I'd accept from a CW now is HR permadaze which is pretty much everyone's problem now but maybe TRs thay play very carefully.
    matiagronx wrote: »
    First of all PVP should have been a mini game with minor importance.I strongly oppose to PVP in NW and wish it dead as soon as possible in order for the game to survive and thrive.
    Sorry, PvP is not a mini game. Enchantments skyrocket high, why? Because they are BiS for PvP, not PvE. People respect opinion of PvP players more than PvErs? Why? Because PvPers know more and test more, that is no brainer fact. Where do people go once they farmed full and got sick of PvE? PvP of course. They step there with a certain self-deception they are good and nothing can stomp them there but guess what next minute after the queue pop'd they are like "Wtf" and get farmed. After that they either get hooked and literally learn more (I don't mean just what feats building but deeper digging into functionality of each power/encounter/daily/interraction they could use for something) or just curse at PvP and never step in that queue again. And it would be good if they just abandoned that, some of them start that "PvP vs PvE" war. Pfff...now don't get me wrong, I know some good PvE guys I respect, they are conservative PvErs but they never said PvP is a mini game, it's just not theirs.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Oh ye, tr is so super vulnerable compared to cw. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    It's not about how many dodges you've got but the immunity time you have between them. Mind you, your class could easily shift 3 times in a row without getting any hit while TRs still have quite long vulnerability frames after that and people with good ping use that.
    The only complaints I'd accept from a CW now is HR permadaze which is pretty much everyone's problem now but maybe TRs thay play very carefully.

Sorry, PvP is not a mini game. Enchantments skyrocket high, why? Because they are BiS for PvP, not PvE. People respect opinion of PvP players more than PvErs? Why? Because PvPers know more and test more, that is no brainer fact. Where do people go once they farmed full and got sick of PvE? PvP of course. They step there with a certain self-deception they are good and nothing can stomp them there but guess what next minute after the queue pop'd they are like "Wtf" and get farmed. After that they either get hooked and literally learn more (I don't mean just what feats building but deeper digging into functionality of each power/encounter/daily/interraction they could use for something) or just curse at PvP and never step in that queue again. And it would be good if they just abandoned that, some of them start that "PvP vs PvE" war. Pfff...now don't get me wrong, I know some good PvE guys I respect, they are conservative PvErs but they never said PvP is a mini game, it's just not theirs.
    yeah tr's totally have super long vulnerability frames lets buff them then. stop talking please.you play sw no? how can you say a tr is not op.jeez.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    He's been having hissy fits about cw for multiple mods because of the struggle of tr and sw that would put malcolm x to shame, pay no mind
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    yeah tr's totally have super long vulnerability frames lets buff them then. stop talking please.you play sw no? how can you say a tr is not op.jeez.

People have rights to have their own opinion, perhaps you should stop dismissing them yes?

Vasdamas is an experienced pvp'er. The speed at which you can chain dodges for a CW is faster than TR. What she said is true.

Nobody talked about the rest of the classes, and wizards shoul stop crying, we've been in that boat for two mods, wizards were top dogs since beta, this is literally the ONLY nerf the class ever got since shard.

So stop whining, if you don't like SS anymore go play MoF or use the other feats, all your feats are good except the two new ones, unlike some other classes who have 2 good feats and 10 terribly useless ones, you got options
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    denvald wrote: »
    People have rights to have their own opinion, perhaps you should stop dismissing them yes?

Vasdamas is an experienced pvp'er. The speed at which you can chain dodges for a CW is faster than TR. What she said is true.

Nobody talked about the rest of the classes, and wizards shoul stop crying, we've been in that boat for two mods, wizards were top dogs since beta, this is literally the ONLY nerf the class ever got since shard.

So stop whining, if you don't like SS anymore go play MoF or use the other feats, all your feats are good except the two new ones, unlike some other classes who have 2 good feats and 10 terribly useless ones, you got options

Plus onesy!
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    denvald wrote: »

In the pvp forum you are going to complain that the wizard has been top dog since beta :rolleyes:

Its like you dislike cws so much in pve you say really obviously stupid things
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Trust me, it's way easier for me to fight and "detect" BiS TR than BiS CW for me. And yes as some Cuntroll Wizard mentioned above I AM biased when it comes to TR vs CW, because I DID playe a PvE TR m0-m5. It just knocks me off my feet when I see such blatant propaganda of CW class I see on this forums. TRs had to solo farm dungeons because, even having 18k GS, you'd simply never be picked for a dungeon unless you pay or gmop. No thanks, **** you. I am with TRs on that. Even though SABOTEUR TR is plain broken right now but I'd guess people would figure how to play with executioner too...they always did and it will always be like that until they change the stealt itself.
    In the pvp forum you are going to complain that the wizard has been top dog since beta :rolleyes:
    Its like you dislike cws so much in pve you say really obviously stupid things
    Lol, I love how you jump on people you typical cuntrol wizard mutt Everyone knows CWs are overpowered, there are less dogs running around in slums than CWs in this game. Why? Because it's ****ing cheesy, it's always been. I wish people that refused to bend over and play your stupid class could see this nerf and you *****ing around.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This SS nerf affects both pvp AND pve. Many CWs crying atm aren't doing so because of pvp but rather pve as their dominance is being threatened again (briefly). Nothing wrong with pointing out the fact that CWs have been in a sunny happy place since the game came out. Before this nerf I cannot remember a time when CWs weren't compensated with a buff or two. Just desserts!
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    You know I bet they said mean things to you because you are so obviously easy to wind up. Pathetic. And its still the pvp forum. CWs were op for a very brief time in pvp at very start of mod 4 and haven't been since and were literal punching bags for long stretches before. The rest has been a product of your fevered imagination.
  • Options
    koalazebraiikoalazebraii Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    I just log in to lel at zeng's whining.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    You know I bet they said mean things to you because you are so obviously easy to wind up. Pathetic. And its still the pvp forum. CWs were op for a very brief time in pvp at very start of mod 4 and haven't been since and were literal punching bags for long stretches before. The rest has been a product of your fevered imagination.
    Say what, at least I don't take imaginary as reality like you do.

The only thing that keeps your class safe and chill from hatred is hatred to TRs which preview section proved just before m6 hit live lol
  • Options
    balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I won't loose my time to think about a "new role" because.

1/ There are awlays change since the begining of the game about all class
    2/ There is absolutely nothing to win valuable in PVP since the begining of the game.
    3/ For PVP we are still stuck with domination mode and no new type of PVP since the begining of the game.
    4/ Bad design about new mounts rank 4 mounts giving a huge advantadge in domination where speed is everything with skill.
    5/ We are still stuck with the old and boring domination mode with not a single other type of PVP since the begining of the game.
    6/ T2 dungeons don't worth more than one run per day considering the poor rewards and T1 are easy.

So my conclusion is simple, it's not really important atm.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Rage against that cw machine. And I don't have to make up stories you've told often enough mr. companion.